Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Etsy Supplies: The Best Kept Secrets in My Book!

So, I decided to start off with supplies! How else are you going to make your handmade items?


Maybe, you need new supplies for your creations! These shops provide some of the most interesting, unique, simple, and even common items out there. Just a few of the items I like to use on a daily basis, if possible. I, also, think these shops have items I would love to have or wish I could get knee deep in creativity with. Maybe, these are new shops to you! Or they are old time favorites. No matter what, they are a handful of shops I have recently stumbled upon and LOVE!



First off, I am a HUGE polymer clay fan! This is a spot actually for my mother’s site! I am one of her biggest fans for two obvious reasons. She is the one who gave me life and a great gift for all things crafts and she makes B.E.A.UTIFUL canes and she is my supplier for polymer clay. :P Her shop Dewdrop Designs!

A great combo for those who have trouble deciding!

Some of the Supplies in Dewdrop Designs shop!!!
-Canes
-Studio by Sculpey Clay
-Studio by Sculpey supplies
-And NEW beautifully handmade polymer clay beads!

This is only some of what Dewdrop Designs has to offer!


Shop Address: http://www.dewdropdesigns.etsy.com/





I have been making jewelry for years now for myself! Just recently though, I started selling them. Hampton Beads carries some really beautiful gemstones! I love the colors and am definitely a fan of the briolettes. You can indulge yourself in citrine, aqua, peridot, pink topaz and a eye popping shade of HOT PINK!


Tropical Tahitian Briolettes! This color is my fav!

Hampton beads also includes:

- Rondelles
- Cube shapes
- Heart shapes
- Pearls
- Misc. Jewelry making Supplies.
And many, many more amazing items!

She has a ton of beautiful gemstones!

Shop Address: http://www.hamptonbeads.etsy.com/




My new found glory this past year - FABRIC! Aaa Aaa AAAAAaaaaa…. Now I guess I cannot say it was this past year I found and started using fabric for my crazy imagination, because I remember making some of my clothes when I was in High School, bags too! I probably should start making some more clothes for myself. Now, I found this Etsy shop - Orientalfabrics, she has some really, really cute fabric. Many different patterns and there are some fabrics I don't usually see.

Monkeying around Fabric! Super Cute!

Some more Fabrics in OrientalFabrics!

-Cute bambi
-Forest Trees Japanese Zakka
-Ballarinas
-Mushrooms!!



Shop Address: http://www.orientalfabrics.etsy.com/




I am, also, a fan of Amy Butler. Who isn’t! Fabric Supplies has some great choices. Great Prices! And HUGE selections. Fabric Supplies offers fabric cut by 1 yard, 2 yards, 3 yards, 4 yards, even half yards. Custom yardage requests are encouraged! Their shop includes over 22 pages of wonderful beautifully made and designed fabric.

Royal Garden in Turquoise. I need this fabric…

FabricSupplies holds a large stock of fabric with many designer names...
-Miller
-Henderson
-Horner
-Bailey
-Dewberry


Shop Address: http://www.fabricsupplies.etsy.com/




An even newer finding… Felt! I used some on my owls and it is very interesting stuff, but it was in a flat felt. (New! Not sure on the felt terminology.) I did find this shop though HandBEHG; which provides these very neat and unique items to me for jewelry making even.

Felt Balls! I like the Multi!

HandBEHG has colors galore to choose from:
-Lavendar
-Magenta
-Aqua
-Dark brown
-Sunshine






Shop Address: http://www.handbehg.etsy.com/




Remember, these are ONLY a few of my favs. My list would be never ending otherwise. If you have supplies you like to use on a regular basis or if you purchase your favorite supplies on etsy, let me know! I would love to post some of them – DEFINITELY SEE THEM.

On a personal note: I am going to start a new weekly blog! Do you have ideas for another? Send them my way. Note: Photos are used when shops give permission!


Next week: Vinyl Wall Décor - I love ‘em! I may be in the market too! :P


---> If you are new to all of this! Or Surprisingly never heard of Etsy! Or in the market for some wonderfully handmade items! CHECK OUT ETSY.COM!!! Remember these are definitely only a few of many...

2 comments:

MagiCatGlass=^..^= said...

That's a great collection of goodies!

urban craft said...

Nice collection of supplies. I haven't dabbled into ply clay yet, but have that on my list.
Thanks!